If your customers like Telegram, let them contact you via this channel. After integrating you customers will be able to message Telegam bot and you’ll get their messages in Carrrot. When you reply, your answer will go back to Telegram.
How to set up the integration?
1. Find a Telegram bot responsible for bot creation and management - @BotFather or just follow the link https://telegram.me/botfather from the device where Telegram app is installed.
2. Open the conversation with BotFather and press Start.
3. You'll receive the list of available commands:
4. Enter the command /newbot.
In reply BotFather will ask you a couple of questions:
- Enter the bot name. It shouldn't be unique and can be changed with the help of BotFather;
- Enter the bot username. It should be unique and ends on "bot". To change bot username you'll need to contact Telegram support team.
After you've named the bot, you'll see the link on your bot and its token:
5. Copy the token and paste it into the corresponding field in the system:
6. Now you can add a profile picture for your bot. Send a command /setuserpic to BotFather, choose the bot you want to set profile picture for and then send the picture to BotFather.